So I went on a date with this guy who was a flight attendant. Now while some may think “Um….really?”, let me just say two words: companion pass. The way I saw it, I figured that if we hit it off and ended up dating long term, I could get cheap/free plane tickets! Yes, I can be selfish, but whatever 😛
He took me out to get ice cream which I thought was sweet. So here’s the run down of the date, in bullet points.
- I get in the car, he’s on the phone.
- We park the car, I break the car door handle on the way out of the car and am now stuck inside the car. Awesome.
- It’s raining, so he tries to cover us with his mini umbrella. I end up just pulling my own umbrella out.
- Ice cream went alright. Except for that he literally put his chin in his hands and stared longingly at me, telling me how interesting I am.
- After I told him I thought it was awkward to go to a guys’ house on a second date, he proceeds to ask me if I’d like to go to his house for some wine. What?
- I caught him in a lie. He tried to tell me he was in a fraternity in college for 2 weeks. I asked why he dropped and which house he tried to join. He gives a lame excuse and had to think about which house he was joining. Then I realized “Boston College doesn’t have fraternities….”.
- As we left the ice cream place (about 30 minutes), he pulls my hand out of my jacket pocket to hold my hand. Not only am I panicking internally, he had soft hands which seriously makes me gag.
- We talk about flying planes while we’re in the car and I said I wish I could be a pilot, but I can’t because I’m so blind. He takes my glasses off my face and puts them on when we’re at a red light. WHAT? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
- At the red light, he grabs my hand. He kisses it. WHY?
- Then tells me I look like Sarah Chalke, to which I say “yea, I get that a lot.” He says “She’s pretty.” and then looks longingly at me again and says “you’re pretty.” I awkwardly say “thanks…”
- He pulls up to my apartment and has to let me out of the car because remember…I broke the door. He asks if I’d like him to walk me to my door and I tell him that he can if he wants, but insists he doesn’t have to.
- He walks me to my door and we do the awkward hug and kiss on the cheek thing. Then as I’m pulling away to sneak into my house, he grabs my head to pull me in for a kiss.
- When he tries to kiss me, I push him away, make a horrified face, and went “Mehhhh!!!!!!!!!!”. Guys, I’m not even joking here. I seriously made a face and noise when he tried to kiss me.
- He then asks if it was too soon. I said “um…yea” and then run into my house. We haven’t spoken or seen each other since then.